Thanks for the advice folks. The Epson is starting to sound like too good a deal to pass up. Also, 3 business days have passed and no response from the Canadian Affiliate for the Panny. I order lots of stuff across the border but for expensive electronics, but since he is now out, I don't want to get into any funny questions around warranty. Warranty situations can be tough enough in the best of conditions.

My room will be totally light controlled so the reviews on the lumen counts are good on all the models I looked at. I am aware contrast numbers between two different manufacturers can mean nothing, so I went looking for direct comparison reviews over the weekend and found enough that I could be happy with both.

The tiny bit of noise is a factor for me but I think calling it the lesser of two evils is appropriate.

Looks like I have been talked into a decision.

Also, I went to local retailers to see if they could bring in the Panny and a place I respect for their honesty looked it up via their supplier even though it wasn't a normal model for them. The price was outlandish. It would be unprofessional to tell you the list price since they were kind enough to show me on the screen but needless to say, it was close to double American pricing. No surprise as I had read similar comments on the forums.

The only one coming close to American pricing on this unit is the Projector Point affiliate but he is either on vacation or is as casual as his web page suggests. Perhaps he is busy cleaning dust balls.

Thanks again and let their be light!!!!

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.