I have a Cambridge Soundworks Powered Subwoofer 1 (they are really, really creative with their naming...), which is a 12" sealed sub with a 140W amp (kinda low, huh?) I haven't been using it a lot lately; I've been trying to save power by turning off and largely forgetting to turn it on again for TV watching, casual music listening.

I turned it on today, and the bass was really, really boomy. I initially figured that I had the '80s set to large (which I did), but changing them did nothing. Then I figured I hadn't calibrated Logic7 (I hadn't), but changing to DTS:Neo6 didn't improve things. I dropped the level on the sub by 2 (since I haven't calibrated for ages), but it was still boomy. Giving up, I figured I had knocked the volume knob at some point. Turning it, it got extraordinarily boomy, then cut out altogether. It comes back at certain positions, but it's variably boomy. Anyone have any ideas about fixing this?

Yes, I know what you all are thinking, but budget is not great for that right now.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!