My own experience with tabletop RPGs is extremely limited. Being a huge Star Wars nerd, I played the Star Wars RPG, but if my dad had his way, I wouldn't have even played that. There were some good times, and some arguments. Overall, I thought it was nice mental exercise, and I wish I'd done a little more.

I think my best friend still plays different RPGs when he gets together with his brother. His brother has quite a few shelves full of RPG books, and I think it's pretty much a weekly affair.

Someone at work is also still heavy into D&D and Warhammer, and he's 33 or so. After he got married, he was thinking about giving up gaming upon turning 30. Hearing him talk about his quests can get a little old at times, but still, he enjoys it, and I told him that if he enjoys it, he should continue. When it comes down to it, he's a responsible guy and doesn't neglect his wife, so I see nothing wrong with him spending time on a hobby he enjoys.

Anyway, Gary Gygax's contributions to gaming are apparently going to live on for a long time. It's an impressive legacy to leave behind, and I'm sorry to hear of his passing.