So after about 7 months of searching for my new setup, I finally pulled the trigger on the first phase of my speaker setup. I sold my existing Sony tower surround set that I had since college and picked up the Monitor 11's as well as the CC290. I originally had the bigger 390, but due to WAF and unable to find a good place to put it, went with the 290 and am extremely impressed even though I may have downgraded. I was going to go witht he Axiom m60's and VP150. I also picked up a new TV stand but still in the market for a new LCD/Plasma. I still have my 27" JVC tube tv. Due to the weird configuration of the room, I have not gotten the surround speakers yet until I figure out a good way to hide wires. Before I had a wireless setup for the rear speakers, but it just wasn't my cup of coffee, and I didn't like the fact of having a cheap wireless amplifier paired up with my Onkyo reciever. Nevertheless, it still provided the surround sound but at 10% distortion, I got rid of it. It was a good showdown between Axiom and Paradigm. I preferred the look of the new monitor series. I auditioned many different setups through the course and at one time I was dead set on getting the Axioms due to the hype I read on here, but I got a great deal on my setup and was thoroughly impressed with the sound. I auditioned against many speaker 2-3 times expensive, some I liked, some I thought were not worth the extra grand or more. Unfortunately I never got to audition the Axioms but do not doubt the quality of the speakers reproduction, it drove me crazy on what to go with, including my girlfriend haha. I have some pictures of the setup which is in my apartment which is very well soundproofed, but I don't listen at ridiculous levels. A question I have is would the QS8's go well with the setup I have. The rear speakers for the Monitor Series is around 800-900 dollars for the pair. I am also looking for an 46" LCD tv and have narrowed it down between the Sony XBR or W series, or the new Samsung, Toshiba Regza, or Sharp Aquos series all with 120 hz. So we'll see which way I go there. I spent 1200 on the speakers with tax.

Panny 50"PZ85u, Anthem MRX510, Emotiva UPA7, Monitor Audio Silver 8, Centre, FX, HTPC, PS4