I saw Joan Jett and the blackhearts in topeka back in the late 80s (when the mtv video was a concert clip). The sound system was obscenely loud and clipped almost continuously. The opening act cursed more than they sang and JJ's performance just kind of laid there. It was another instance of being just like the album. There's a point in the video where she takes off her jacket and heaves it into the audience- so I was watching and waiting, and was neither surprised nor dissapointed when she heaved her jacked up in the air and directly...behind her. What a bunch of cheap bastards, I thought.

A couple years ago I saw Rebecca st. James in Wichita and was all excited as I'd seen her in the 90's when she was coming up and she killed. Not this time- again with the clipping of house sound. It was so bad I couldn't tell what song she was doing- and I know all her songs. There were a LOT of pre teen girls there and I cringed at what was being done to their hearing. Looking back I should have bitched to someone.

An now for the one that got away. Had tickets to see Rush in KC. in the early 90's, on a weeknight, in winter. You guessed it- worst ice storm in years, people died. I declined the gamble.