I know this has been beat to death a bunch but when i did a search, I couldn't find any recommendations or suggestions. I have the Emotiva LMC-1 but have read that the test tones maybe aren't as accurate as those on a calibration disk. I am really more interested in the audio tones than I am in the video although I'll also use that piece. I can't imagine my HD being any better than it is but I know you can always tweek to get better.

So my question is--which of the disks do you recommend? Which have you used and how did they work? I've read reviews on a few of the Avia, VE, etc. but the reviews haven't been all that positive. I'm looking for one that is simple to use and doesn't cost a whole lot--aren't we all???

I've always just used the tones from my receiver and processors but what has me wondering is this. I just replaced my Emotiva LPA-1 amp with the new XPA-5 amp. The XPA is more powerful than the LPA but I'm runing a much higher volume now to get the same sound level. That doesn't make sense to me so I thought maybe the levels were off.

Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated.