I'm using a NADT761 receiver, Monitor Audio S8 speakers, JVC DVD Player. Have always been enjoying my music and movie dvds until it happens. All of a sudden.... the volume from the left speaker became very low. Thinking that the dvd was a dud, I played another but the problem remained. I then switched the left/right speaker connections to the receiver and the low volume moved to the right speaker instead of the left - indicating that my speakers are alright. I then played a cd and the problem disappeared! Everything sounded normal again!

Now, I'm no audiotech expert but following further advice from more experienced users, I did the following:-
- Cleared dust that might have accumulated in the receiver by using a can of compressed air.
- Rechecked all audio connections.

After all that, when I played the dvds, the problem comes on and off intermittently and it is really driving me crazy! Could someone please advise on what could be the cause of this problem? Is it my receiver or my dvd player? I'm desperate to get it fixed so that my life can be normal again.

Thanks

Last edited by dajlc; 09/19/03 03:09 AM.

dajlc