If anyone feels like travelling around the world to build an arcade machine I have a very high quality vector monitor free to good home. It worked the last time I used it, which was several years ago. We bought it perhaps (ohmigod !) 30 years ago for use in a video effects studio -- quantized a black and white video input, used the quantizer output to supply a Z component. Next step was to generate X and Y scan sawtooth voltages and feed those plus the Z into an analog transformation matrix then use the outpot of that to drive the vector monitor.

The result was video with an artificial depth component, spun in 3 dimensions on the screen, with sufficiently high quality that we could capture it with another video camera and use the result in commercials etc...

Toss in some video feedback and it was better than most of the drugs available at the time ;\)

Anyways, the monitor weighs about 125 pounds and is currently at my parents house (I think we were using it to give my father a bigger screen for his Macintosh). I'm sure my mother is sick of dusting it.

Last edited by bridgman; 03/29/08 12:55 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8