Peter, if I may suggest one thing, have the folks apply a product called .... Termidor .... best defense against termites one can ever spend their money on and I'll guarantee you that.

Termites, Oh boy .... I wish you could have seen the first added on room prior to our patio conversion which was framed and built back into what is now our TV room that I constructed a couple of years back.

I treat my own home every five years with Termidor after my own initial treatment that included drilling parts of the slab, driveway and garage floor with a big rented hammer drill from Home Depot and digging an 8" deep trench around the perimeter of the house and flooding the trench with the Termidor/water mixture ... I'm thinking a 4 gallon mixture for like 20 linear feet or something similar. The cost of the Termidor was around $400.00 and whatever the hammer drill rented for is all I paid, other than my time. I talked my immediate neighbors to use the Termidor and we've yet to have had nary the first termite problem in over 8 years.

Good luck.

Rick
Our Room

smile