For me it's the moral issue of the inconsistent drivel that the kids in the stores get trained to say when I challenge them to explain why Monster Speaker cables will sound so much better and thus should pay 10 or 20 times more for it.

My favorite of all time is
"The outer strands are woven more tightly so that makes it easier for the higher treble sound's electrons to travel faster so everything is crisper."

First of all, I wouldn't want my treble sounds arriving out of sync with the bass sounds (if that were even possible.) Secondly, by faster, do you mean 'faster than the speed of light????' because that's pretty close to how fast electrons travel.

My second favorite answer,
"The tightly weaved outer core keeps the sound waves inside the separate inner core."
OK this guy obviously was trying to go down the road of 'less signal loss' but obviously didn't have a clue.

I'm not saying monster trained them to say these exact things. But they are creating an atmosphere where the less knowledgeable are forced to pass on or create fallacies to justify getting the bigger margin bonus at the end of the week.

Honestly, if somebody could spew out an aswer that started to make sense, I would take the time listen, evaluate and research and then decide for myself if it's worth the premium. But until that day, I consider Monster to be a moral marketing monster and I don't appreciate seeing people cheated of their money. Especially since the many of the people who get talked into it are people who can't really afford it in the first place.

Damn it, I swore to myself I wouldn't post on this thread.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.