More feedback from my buddy...

Beams: Beams, posts and joists are all Hemlock. The company changed the year before I built to hemlock as they found that provided strong support and hemlock twists less over time than Pine does. The logs are all southern yellow pine (if I remember properly).

Gable Ends: they are framed with log siding. Since you can't tell that they aren't solid log is good. Means we got it done well enough you can't tell it's not log. \:\) Roof is its own structure sitting on the log walls. All walls shrunk the same amount and the roof just rode down with them.

Shrinkage: the logs compressed vertically. That shrinkage is done now. You'll still have some compression/expansion with the weather changes, however the massive shrinkage is done due to the through rods and springs. That shrinkage does show up vertically (the height of the house changed a couple inches over the years).

Interior walls and windows: those are riding as he mentions. In essence the interior walls, exterior doors and windows are all "free floating" this way. They aren't going to fall out, but they are unaffected by the expansion/compression of the logs. Otherwise, the doors and windows would have already been crushed by the compression.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85