I know know what the speaker grilles are for...to protect speakers from idiotic roommates. I had the speaker grilles on my QS8 off for all of 5 minutes as I went to get something from my car and when I came back my roommate was screwing something back onto it...

I demanded to know what was going on and discovered that he had stuck his finger in and pushed on the tweeter but dented it. He had then unscrewed it and had pushed the dent back up. There are now scratches and a mark where the dent was. He didn't seem to care that I was upset that he had done that, he just kept saying that it didn't matter, and that he had already taken the time to fix the dent.... He also told me that I could have used a 20 dollar computer speaker in lieu of this speaker and get the same sound as he felt that the insides looked cheap.

So, I'm pretty pissed right now. I've got a very visible mark on the tweeter of my QS8 and a roommate who doesn't give a damn that he caused it.

I am scared to turn on my av reciever and play something through these speakers because I am afraid that the sound quality will suffer due to the dent... What do you guys think? Will there be a difference?