I am planning on upgrading the 3 front speakers in my home theater, which are Mirage M-490's. What Axiom speakers would you generally consider to be equivalent to these?

My home theater is in the front half of a long room. The front half is the living room (where the home theater is), and the back half is a dining room. It is 12'W x 16'D, even though it extends to 32' if you count the dining room. It could be argued that the speakers need to cover all 32', but I am happy if it properly handles the 16'. Ceiling is 8'.

I use it only for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD concerts and movies, never for CD's. I recently upgraded my systems so I can utilize the lossless audio (TrueHD, PCM and DTS-HD/MA), which is the reason why I want to upgrade the speakers. AVR is the Yamaha RX-V 661. Subwoofer is the Mirage PS-12-90, which I may also upgrade depending on budget. My rears are in-ceiling, so I won't touch those.

I have decided to not bother with a dedicated center channel, and instead go with 3 identical front speakers. Since I am using a front projection system, I can use any speakers as long as they are no taller than 38". There is 2' of clearance behind the center channel because of the bay window, but I would like the left/right to be fairly close to the side and back walls.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Last edited by Green Crest; 04/27/08 10:11 PM.