Yes, Peter, but the directions were effective, were they not?

It is true that Clans Tuttle and Medic8r had a great time last summer in Oregon. And I have been truly blessed to meet and become friends with many other board (bored?) regulars.

I think AT Casa de Tuttle might be a stretch. That probably wouldn't feel like much of a vacation to the lovely Mrs. Tuttle and the Tuttle-ettes.

However, I am open to suggestions, with the understanding that veto power remains firmly vested with our CFO. The Tacoma/Seattle area is worthy of your time in the summer, and I am an enthusiastic tour guide. But my ability to provide accommodations is finite.

btw, I did appoint JP as the chair of the planning committee. ;\) This free-for-all is his idea of "planning".

I rather like the idea of again heading south to The Beaver State, as it might conceivably allow some of our California brethren to more easily join in. Or perhaps Northern California. Or Ken's house!

I'm fairly concerned that we'd need a significant amount of lodging in a concentrated area; this sounds like meeting or convention planning to me, and I really can't spare the time from my real job for this type of project at the moment. But perhaps if we all pitch in creatively and constructively, we can get there.

Dates that look promising to me are:

August 8-13 (Friday - Wednesday)
August 23-31 (Saturday through the following Sunday)

I'd love it if we could work something out. While auditioning equipment and deriving joy from music is obviously dear to all of us, my experience is that sharing the thrill of new and renewed friendship is even more rewarding. In other words, I am personally more interested in seeing YOU than I am in hauling M60's across country or you doing same. Peter will undoubtedly attest that my willingness to allow him to simply sit and listen was sorely tested when confronted by his rapier wit. I know that our interests will be wonderfully diverse.

It would be great if we got such critical mass that Ian and Amie could not help but join us \:D

bibere usque ad hilaritatem