I have been busy selling (and some buying) On Ebay for quite a while now. Some time ago, I posted about something about how well it was going, and how much I was enjoying my new hobby.
If I remember right, someone responded with a rant about Paypal.
I defended Paypal, since I had no problems with them.

Well,.......I have to eat some Crow on this one. I can no longer recommend Paypal.

Eight days, after a routine transaction and I had already shipped the item, I get an E-mail from Paypal saying they were doing an investigation into one of my transactions, and were freezing the funds. To make a long, long, story short...Even though I had done everything correctly on my end, Paypal later reversed the funds back to the "cheat" with what was told to me as a un-authorized Credit Card! Paypal never explained to me after many E-mail, and phone attempts why this was done, or why I was not protected from this fraud. I have been getting a TOTAL run-around.I have been in E-mail contact with the other six sellers that were stiffed by this guy,and they didn't get any further than I have..In fact one said Paypal Has done this to him four times, in the last eight years.

So, I'm lucky that I'm not out as much $$$$$ as the others, but now I can't TRUST Paypal's payments...(What if this had been an expensive item? I could have been out BIGTIME $$$$).They can defer to the "small print," come back and reverse funds ANYTIME.

I normally don't make this type of post, but I CAN'T STAND to be CHEATED.

So, be CAREFUL, they may be, (as one person who E-mailed me about this said) "a necessary evil" but, Regardless of what they advertise, sellers, (possibly buyers as well) are NOT protected!

LIFE: "Choices, balance, and timing"

(Larryism)