My speakers are supposed to ship today, so its time to get serious about setting them up. For starters, I moved the furniture around on the weekend and did a little cleanup.

I also took a look at cable options. I may end up with flat cable for certain sections, but decided to go with 12 guage speaker wire from home depot for starters (~$.50 per foot).

Once I moved the furniture I noticed a few things that were not obvious from the (not quite to scale) drawing.

1. The couch on the left side will block the bottom of the main speaker on the left side if I place it 1' from the wall(dotted blue line below). The distance from the front of the speaker to the couch is 2'. How much will this affect the sound at the seating position?

2. It will not be that hard to put the surrounds directly at the side (red x below) of the couch cieling mounted instead of on the rear wall. The advantage of this position is that the left speaker will not be firing into the corner quite as much (3ft. vs 1ft). With the rear position, I can mount the speakers lower down. Are there any strong advantages to either position? I also noticed that in the rear position they will be outside the recommended 90-110 degrees off axis recommended by Axiom/thx.

I have put blue boxes for the two most convenient locations for the sub, but will do the sub crawl to see whats best.

I'm looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!