Originally Posted By: mdrew
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Oh, I wasn't clear. I meant a single horizontal M22 didn't fly well.

Me, I'm generally against the mondo center channel trend. More speakers, more widely separated in the center, and you're just going to be muddying the stereo image. Use 2? Great, keep 'em pretty close together and away from your mains.

You’re exactly right Ken. Too close and you might as well have one. Too far apart and you might as well run a phantom center because they screw with the entire sound stage. I messed with my twin 22’s for days till I finally got the distance between them “just right”. In my room, which is 12’ wide, they sound best right about 28” apart - center to center. I’m considering buying two VP150’s now and mounting one over the screen and the other over the screen. The main reason being that due to the screen size, the 22’s are about six inches lower than the mains and sometime vocals just don’t seam to come from the screen, but from below it.

Mdrew did I need your post correctly that you spread your two M22's 28 inches apart? I called Axiom and told the gentleman that I was planning on positioning them horizontally side-by-side but no recommendation was given as far as spacing them out. It's not recommended to position them horizontally directly side-by-side? Here's a picture of my room for reference. Apparently I need to post some updated ones

[img][/img]

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.