My wife was abolutely appalled at the amount of money I spent on our new home theater system. We built a dedicated HT as part of our basement finishing project. Since we had nothing, I had to build the system from scratch. I went with the M80's, VP150, QS8 surrounds, and an Outlaw LFM-1 EX sub; all powered by the Outlaw 990 pre/pro and 7500 5 channel amp. We went with front projection and a 100" screen, Blu Ray, HD satellite--the works. Of course, I did all the research and purchased everything online. When the bill arrived, my wife nearly went into cardiac arrest.

She fought me on just about every aspect...the speakers are too big, the screen is too big, the picture from the projector is going to be terrible (She was envisioning one of those awful Theater Vision units from the 80's), the sub is too big, why can't we just get the little speakers that go in the wall?etc... She also thought the cost was completely unjustified because "we don't watch movies now...we might as well throw the money out the window."

Well, I have to say, it's been about a little over a month since I hooked everything up and I don't think there's been a free night since that we haven't rented a few movies or watched an HD concert on satellite. The whole family has been enjoying the new theater so much.

We were watching one of the "Crossroads" episodes with Bon Jovi and Sugarland last night and we had it cranked up! What can I say? My wife was a huge Bon Jovi fan in high school. Anyway, the picture and the sound (in particular) from the Axiom set-up was absolutely amazing. My three-year-old daughter was dancing around in front of the screen. At one point, I looked over at my wife and she was singing the songs like she was in the front row and a few times she actually got up and danced....she even clapped at the end of the songs.

It was like being at an Axiom revival! My wife has seen the light and her ears have been touched by the digital surround gods! Thank you Axiom, I never thought a set of speakers could bring our family closer together, but they have.

Scott