I prefer the picture of the plasma over all other comers. To me, it looks more like the tube tvs I grew up watching (which is a good thing). When the picture breaks up (which is it bound to do on occasion, the plasma goes a little "soft" instead of pixelating into a checkerboard mess like I have seen on some LCD and DLP sets. Nowadays, too, there are some really great deals to be had on "off brand" plasmas. Often-times (make sure you do your research before you pull the trigger on this one, though), the plasma medium made for Sony and for Advent, for example, may actually be made by the same manufacturer to the same specs. Processors and other important bits will be better in the Sony, giving you a superior overall picture, but the point is that the off brand stuff can still give you great results - maybe at the cost of some fancy features that you may or may not use very often.

If space behind the set isn't an issue, then you really can't beat your dollar for screen size punch that you get with DLP. Most of the problems associated with screen door and rainbow effect have been minimized to a degree that, unless you're looking for it, you won't have a problem with it.

For me, LCD is a nice compromise if space and sex appeal (i.e. hanging it on the wall) are issues and your budget won't support plasma prices.

Running a PC into any of these sets should not be a problem. Most these days have PC Inputs. Check before you buy if this is a necessity. If you run XP and have an nVidia card, there are some great tools for managing the overscan on your TV so that the windows bars aren't cut off. Also, in the rare chance that you fall in love with a set without a PC input, there are converters that can be purchased for not too much that will allow you to send your laptop or CPU video out onto an HDMI or a component video in on the TV.