Nice house Rick.

So far everything is working just fine for me.

Watched Ice Age 2 last night, and at 70 out of 80 volume, it was too loud for my kids in 5.1.

The vp100 is very clear for dialog in movies, and the m22's are amazing for everything. I've bumped the center up 2 db in movie mode and the sub by 3, but that's about it past entering the speaker distances. Like a lot of other posters, the m22's and even the vp100 sound so good I can't figure out how the more expensive axiom's can sound better, though I'm sure they do somehow.

as to value of the system.. I was originally budgeting about 800-900 for speakers, and I'm SO glad I ended up doubling my budget (factory outlet helped :). I'm incredibly happy with the speakers, in fact I could see myself using these for the next 20 years and still being very happy.

The receiver is also doing a good job. Onkyo doesn't seem to be one of the most popular brands, but it's working fine for me. The connectivity was one of the big reasons I chose it over cheaper options, and that's working fine for me.

I wouldn't advise going any cheaper on the receiver.. the Axioms seem to be able to handle everything this receiver can throw at them, and more.

I wall mounted my 50" plasma, and my front 3 speakers.. (the FMB from Axiom worked great). I'm still figuring out where exactly to put the QS8's, but probably going ceiling mounts.

If you have any other questions.. just post, or pm me.

Gene