As I was gearing up to order my Samsung LED DLP (TV, not projector), I read a few complaints of hourglass problems with thin-chassis LED DLP's. I have the same understanding of the problem that FredK does, that the bezel wasn't strong enough and people were complaining of drooping screens.

I also read that Samsung has corrected the problem. It's hard to really say for sure - the nature of information on the 'net, ya know. But I went ahead and took a chance and ordered mine. I'm happy to say that my Samsung 61" LED DLP doesn't appear to have any sag in the frame. The picture is as rectangular is you'd expect. I see no geometry problems. The picture quality is superb.

/Samsung Cheerleader mode
Overall, I'm extremely happy with the TV. No fan noise, low energy usage, no bulb to replace, beautiful picture, and the price is much lower than a plasma of similar size and picture quality. With the LED technology, the only drawback to a DLP set is that you can't mount the TV on a wall.
/Cheerleader mode off

Keep in mind that the LED-source DLP's don't have a spinning color wheel, and therefore there can't be a rainbow problem (that is my understanding, anyway).

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office