I too just purchased M50s - they were delivered last Friday. Spent the weekend testing and comparing them to my old Sony APM speakers(don't laugh - these were not the normal Japenese style speakers) . The Sony's are 3 way systems and have the square, flat drivers - and were produced in the mid 80s. Bought them in Germany, so you can see I have had them a while. ANYWAY - in comparing the M50s to the Sonys, I am pretty surprised that my Sonys have held up so well. The M50s are a bit brighter with slightly less midrange - and very slightly less bottom. (But I will say the bottom end of the M50s is pretty darn good!) They are also slightly less efficient. But here is where they shine: IMAGING! by far superior! SO I am still testing - and until they are more completely broken in, I won;t judge the overall sound yet. But my first impression is that I MIGHT be happier with the M60s. I see a strong possibility for better (more natural) midrange (since it has a mid driver). Only time will tell.