As always, you guys are fast and helpful with your replies. \:\)

Originally Posted By: nickboros
If you have a basement below you you can drill a hole in the floor and run it underneath the room. I did this with my surrounds. But then you see the wire running up the wall. My surrounds were right next to a window on one side and a door on the other, so I ran the wire along the window frame and door frame. I'm just waiting for my wife to paint the wires the same color as the walls and then you will barely even notice them.

- Nick

Man I wish Texas had basements. That would be an instant media/game room. ;\)

Originally Posted By: Capn_Pickard
I have no miracle solutions.

But, depending on the room, wires can be reasonably hidden by running them unobtrusively along the baseboard and then painting them. Then, if you have a few carpentry skills, you can cut a couple of holes in your drywall and run a fishing line up through the hole so that there are no wires on the wall. A quick patch job and you'll be in business.

This sounds like it would work the best with wire I currently have. Running along the baseboards should be no issue (plus the wire is white already). And ultimately, there would be no wire going up the wall. I think I'll go that route. Thanks Capn.