Nick, the Prismasonic screens are under $2000 ($1450 – $1870), which is why I am so interested in them. If they perform well, it’s an amazing price. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=991997

I wouldn’t rule the RS2 out just yet with only FL being the driver. The Planer does look like one heck of a projector, but it still can’t match either of the JVC’s with contrast. It would be nice if you and your dad could actually see one in operation. They use two completely separate technologies and throw up unique pictures. The Planer does have one heck of a video processor, which is a big plus. The RS2 has whacked colors that may be visually appealing, but if you are used to watching a calibrated image, they may drive you nuts.

Zarak – the FL numbers I wrote are recommendations that I got from a very smart fella, and they tend to follow main stream thinking and recommendations. But, they can be fudged some, I think. I do not watch sports, so I can not confirm with any personal experience if 23 FL is accurate. I actually seams pretty high to me, but again, I don’t watch sports. I can say that 12FL for movies is just about right.

Glancing at your numbers above, your math doesn’t look correct to me.

Figure total screen area in Square Feet. A 1.69 110” diagonal screen has 36 sq ft (96"X54")/144=36. multiply that by the desired FL you are shooting for – (36 X 23) = 828 total lumens.

Figuring 50% bulb loss, you would shoot for a “rated” output of 1656 if you are using a screen with a gain of 1.0. If you had a gain of 3, you’d want a projector with 552 lumens.