Well I did some trig on this. \:\)

As I watch currently lying on the floor, I was able to determine that I normally view the display at an upwards 15.4463* angle.

I am having some measurements double checked, but with what I have here:

Over the fireplace will result in an upwards 14.8757* to 19.4976* angle (depending upon seating location).

In the spare room, it would result in an upwards 4.4672* to 7.1250* angle (depending upon seating location).

Thoughts?
I am not keen on blocking the fireplace. While the spare room could work, seating in there would only be for 3. Not to mention tile floors, so acoustic treatments would be needed.

Other options for the great room.
To the left adjacent wall.
This would require removing a lighting fixture and doing without a dining table (would have to eat in the kitchen area. Also the ceiling is slanted so you would not have a parallel line with the top of the display.

The wall opposite.
This is a big wall. Issue then becomes seating. Seating with the backs to the fireplace does not seem to be a good idea.
I could see about having seating run perpendicular to that wall, but that doesn't feel good either.

Last edited by mapatton; 07/13/08 05:23 PM. Reason: edit photo tags

Mark
Pio 94,SB3,BD30,A35,Pio 48AV.Pronto 7000 controlling all. Getting ready for 22s, 150 & QS8s.