Originally Posted By: onn
Hey Peter, I was wondering what settings you are using for your Samsung. When I get a chance I will post mine.
Mel N.

Cool. We own the same TV. Good choice. \:D

I'm not at home in front of the set, so I don't remember exactly what they are. I spent several hours tinkering. Didn't use any special calibration tools, just spent time looking at programming with people and nature scenes. My final settings ended up being based on the 'Dynamic' profile. I took the brightness *way* down and the color intensity and contrast down just a bit. I want to say that the brightness default was at like 90 and I took it down to around 60. I think I put the colors and contrast back around 50. I tweaked the sharpness as well. Just don't quote me on those numbers. ;\)

The result is a picture in which all of the colors look very natural to me and my wife in all lighting conditions. Nice and colorful, without being overblown. Deep blacks but not so dark that I can't see details on bright and sunny days (my den has windows).

However, when watching a movie at night in a dim room, I do actually like the default 'Movie' mode. I may have tweaked it's brightness down just a few points, but not much at all.

As is common with all HDTV's and previously mentioned, the default settings are based more on sales in a store than at home. The default 'Dynamic' setting's colors were so bright and overboosted that it gave me a headache.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office