If anyone is considering having a Network Attached Storage device, like I have in the D-Link DNS-323..here's a warning.. make sure you have a backup of all of your data some place else.

I had 2 X 500GB Seagate drives in a JBOD array, the Dlink crapped out.. my drives are fine.. but I have NO WAY of accessing the data on my own. Got a new DNS-323 thinking I'll just plug in my drives and voila.. not a chance.. they have to be reformatted..

So, my only recourse, is to have a data recovery company rebuild the jbod array and get my stuff off the drives..

The cost for that ? minimum $1,000.00 dollars.. Ya.. I'm not impressed right now..

The data ? 400GB of music, but more important, every single digital picture I took in the last 4 years..plus the very first 2 mini-dv tapes of my daughter when she was 3 years old.. That, I have to have back..

Just thought I would share that unfortunate experience here in the hopes it can be avoided in the future.

Riker

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400