I was just being facetious about the Monster cable, because they claim to have all these patented technologies, such as "Magnetic Flux Tube Construction." What that amounts to is a piece of polypropylene cord in the middle of the copper that does nothing more than make the copper look thicker than it is. Combine that with their unnecessarily thick clear jacketing called "LPE" or "Linear Polyethylene" which they also claim has some kind of proprietary signal preserving properties, and you have this huge-looking speaker wire that is really only 16 gauge copper costing $1.00 per foot.

It looks monster, but it is claimed you can get the same or better performance in an electrical zip cord for about $0.40 per foot. As a matter of fact, in Crutchfield's product description, they call this a low-cost "entry-level" speaker wire "Especially recommended for small speakers, mini systems, and rack systems." Low cost? It's a buck a foot, and in my book that aint cheap.

I do mind. The Dude minds. This will not stand. This aggression will not stand man.

M60|VP150|QS8