Originally Posted By: kcarlile

That... explains everything. I'd still love to see a picture of that, though.

Better late than never but here’s some pictures.

Yes you can put an M80 upside down above your TV, and can I say it totally rocks. No more puny center channel speakers here (said with a heavy Austrian accent). Normally I leave the grills on but they wouldn’t have shown up in the picture that way.

Three of the four QS8s. Curtains are open or you wouldn’t be able to see them either. Still playing with the setup of these. Probably be awhile before I settle on their configuration.

This is the equipment and media storage area. The curtains also close here to completely blackout the walls in the viewing area. I’ve found that the ceiling and carpet don’t reflect enough light to be visible from my seating area which is usually lounging on pillows on the futon.

My next project if I renew my lease and find the energy to move all that crap is to build a false wall extending out from the kitchen wall to fully enclose the viewing area. It will make the viewing room 12 x 19.5 feet the current viewing area. However the full room is 19.5 x 19.5 (not good). Adding a false wall will also give an extra layer of insulation from the very noisy HVAC system.

There are 3 computers there Linux Red Hat/Free BSD (dual boot), Debian/XP (dual boot), and Vista (sometimes boot). The HDTV is hooked to all three with a KVM switch. The far monitor is hooked up to the Vista box to monitor DVD/CD rips.

On the equipment rack (metal storage rack from Home Labyrinth) from bottom to top is:

cheepo Wally World TV for normal normal viewing, VHS to DVD recorder, Denon 2807, Buttkicker Amp, Xbox 360 Elite ,4way speaker switch, DSL modem, Linksys router, D-link network switch, Opo 981 DVD player, Monoprice HDMI switch, Direct TV HD DVR, Promise network attached storage device.

In the three media racks (out of space again) there are about 1500 DVDs 100 CDs 20 Xbox games and 10 computer games.

More comments on the various speaker configurations later. I’ve been experimenting a lot but haven’t had a chance to post since much of this weekend was spent in Microshaft Vista hell.

Originally Posted By: fredk

Instant qualification for the ManPoint card Platinum if you leave it in that configuration.

It’s staying right were it is unless I upgrade to a projector and screen, in which case I swap the positions of the TV and speaker) or there is an earthquake.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1