Sorry for replying after quite a bit of time. I've been busy re-watching many of my movies. All I can say is "WOW!!!"
OK, ok, maybe I can say something else, like, "Why did I wait so long?!?!?!" \:D

After setting up the speakers with my Yamaha receiver's YPAO and a little more tweaking with the sub, I'm am totally impressed and it was worth every penny. The speakers sure have good weight to them too. Even the little surrounds feel solid.
Besides the subwoofer's obvious impact, I was really suprised what a good, proper, center channel makes! Before I had decent towers (DbPlus 990's), a so-so sub, tiny surrounds, and the 51" TV's speaker for a center channel.

I know, I know. I was thinking the same as you . . . "Oh YUCK!!!". \:D That's why, after like 3 months of research and listening to speakers at the usual stores and dealers, I went with Axiom. Ironically even though I never heard them before!!! There was a lot of talk on other forums from people who did the same as I, and after they got their Axiom's, they were not disappointed. Well, after rolling the dice with an educated guess, I must say I am also NOT disappointed.

A big thing for me is that they are Canadian speakers. This is important to me. I really like the other Canadian speakers that I've owned (the old Db's were also Canadian) or heard. Honestly, I almost bought PSB's!!! They were a darn close 2nd. But the value for the $$$ advantage went to Axiom.

Sorry for the long winded reply. I'm just totally thrilled.

PS; I literally had a tear welling up in my eye listening to my house take a serious pounding watching the movie U-571!!!

Last edited by 80'sMan; 08/30/08 03:46 PM. Reason: grammer

Epic 50 - 500 System ( M50 / QS4 / VP100 / EP500 )