Jason. I do remember you went through some fun. For some reason, the second and third graphs in your post are not showing up.

I expect it may take a while for me to get through this. As has been mentioned by several people, my options include adjusting phase, moving the sub, adding a sub, moving furniture and one not mentioned, bass traps.

I have already checked a position about 1.5 feet closer to the front of the room. That would put the seating position at about 35% of the way from the back of the room. I seem to remember this as being the 'magic' spot. That helped a little with the 37Hz suck-out, but its still ugly. Moving the couch forward is the only furniture moving option.

For moving the sub, I only have two other places: the back corner or between the right speaker and the TV.

Edit: Hmmm. Looking at the room layout, I could also try the sub in the other 'not quite' back corner. I bet that would do funky things to the bass in the Kitchen!

I will probably try corner bass traps at some point, but I don't think they are very effective down below say 100Hz. I expect my room will need help in the 100-500Hz area where corner bass traps are more effective.

Last edited by fredk; 09/10/08 06:29 PM.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!