Sounds good. I've read reviews on the XPA-5 and they are very highly rated. I always wondered why a 5 channel didn't cost more than a 2 channel amp, all things considered. I am considering the xpa-5 because I like the idea of 200 w/per into 5 channels and I would need 2 or 3 xpa-2s to drive all channels and I just don't have room for more than a single unit. I've read where some ordered a 5 and a 2 to drive their 7 channel systems. This is a lot of fun isn't it if I had the room and didn't have to deal with the WAF (wife approval factor) I could let my imagination run wild
I've also been looking at the Marantz amp but they cost about 3 times as much and have only 140W per although it is an 8 channel amp. Wonder if a Marantz amp at $2400 and 140W into 8 channels sounds any better than the Emotivas at $800 and 200W into 5 channels As I mentioned, I use a Denon 3808 rated at 130W per but some say that a dedicated amp just sounds better than a receiver. I would use the pre outs on my Denon and still use the Denon for all the advanced signal processing.

After checking out the Emotiva site again I see they have the MPS-2 7 channel amp for $1699. That would probably be closer to the xpa-2 in quality. That would make sense to me, a well built multichannel should cost more than the equivalant 2 channel

Last edited by edmondwolfman; 10/01/08 07:30 PM.

"Real Gun Control Is Hitting What You Aim At" - can't remember