Well, now that I've been blessed with M22s (thanks, Axiom!), I'm thinking about setting them up in the kitchen. Obviously I'll be hanging them with FMBs, but I've got some questions.

First, has anyone hung M22s horizontally with FMBs? I'm not going for top sound quality here (that'll be after we move and I can set them up in a proper room, properly), but I'm not certain if it's physically feasible or not.

Second, how on earth should I get signal to these things, not to mention amplification?

My best bet seems to be the Amphony 1550 system, but I'm not sure how well it works. There are few reviews on it, so I was hoping someone here had tried it. On paper, it sounds just about perfect--wireless, built in amplification, small and can be mounted on the speakers. The downside, I assume, would be the power bricks (which I haven't been able to find pictures of), but that's easier to deal with than speaker cables.

Third, how should I get the source out of the receiver? I'm using a Harman/Kardon AVR 525. I'm already using the zone 2 line level outs for my back room system. I suspect I can use the tape outs for this function, especially since anything playing in the kitchen probably won't be playing in the living room. The downside to this would be that the volume controls on the wireless units above are on the back of the little amps, and are per channel.

Another way to do it would be to use the preamps on the receiver, but I'm not sure if those would turn off the built in amps if used. Another downside to that would be that the volume would not be independent from the M80s. In some ways, it would be nice to be able to turn off the main system while playing to the kitchen one. Which brings us back to the Zone 2...

I'm not using the Zone 2 built in amps on the receiver; I'm using the Zone 2 line level outputs to my back room. The wireless doohicky above has both line level and speaker level inputs. I could therefore use the zone 2 speaker level outs to the Amphony and then I would have independent volume control, sort of.

Whaddya all think? Am I crazy?

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!