Man, I have had a heck of a time trying to get my speakers to sound like they are worth the money I spent on them. They did sound better than my old set, which is not saying much, when I first installed them. But since then I have been less than blown away. I have the VP150 and M60's run by Onkyo 805. I still have a terrible sub and surrounds. I thought it would be okay to slowly upgrade piece by piece, but now I am thinking it was a mistake. Apparently Audyssey "dumbed down" the Axioms to match the crappy Yamaha sub and surrounds, so they have not been impressive. Tonight while watching Ironman I decided to try turning the EQ off, and it made a huge difference. Everything sounded better. Still not up to blow my mind levels like I had hoped though. Do you all think once I get a better sub and the QS8's Audyssey will calibrate everything the right way? I still get a little distortion when I turn up the volume, but the thing is I still want it louder. The loudest I have had the Onkyo is about -4.0, and there was some distortion on very dynamic sounds, explosions, etc. Will proper calibration of Audyssey take care of this? I have had a very frustrating time with all this DIY home theater stuff, as my last experience was with HTIB. I know my newer pieces are much more capable than the boxed set, but man was it easier to set up and so much less stressful. Didn't spend hours pulling my hair out wondering what the heck is wrong with my system.