Just curious, but where did you go here in LA? I had a funny experience at Ahead Stereo on Saturday afternoon while auditioning some preamps. They were highly recommending the Rotel unit you have, and it did sound incredible, though at a $1500 price tag, I think I could do much better Audiogon or Ebay. But I didn't say that to them. However I got a little miffed at the audio snobbery from the salesman when I mentioned that I love my set of Axioms and he turned his nose up and said, "Well, we've got nothing to do with their stuff." I almost walked out, actually, and not just because the B&W speakers we were listening to didn't sound as good as my M-60's. And that was with a much better set of electronics hooked up, too. Idiot. You may want to be prepared to experience this if you go in there and mention you've got Axioms.

But if you've not been to LA Stereo on Western (one of the best shops EVER!), take a few hours and your favorite music to check out their upstairs setups. All high end Krell, Mark Levinson, Wilson, Martin-Logan gear. You won't be disappointed and the owner is always willing to give anyone a listen. He seems to enjoy it just as much as his potential customers do.