Originally Posted By: myrison
Hi all -

In a post on Audioholics, it was suggested to me that running a sealed and ported sub together might result in sub-par performance due to "group delay." This was a new term to me, so I've researched it enough to understand what it means (slower delivery of certain frequencies in ported subs versus sealed), but don't know how much of a problem to expect it to be if I try to run both of these subs together.

While I'm not sure that I'll ultimately keep both of these subs anyway, I'd appreciate any advice on the matter.

Thanks.

Jason

Jason, I run a ported sub (Hsu VTF3 MkII) with two smaller 10" sealed subs. I'm not familiar with group delay, though. I'll check out that article when I get home.

So far, I haven't noticed anything wrong with the set-up. If anything, I get a more even distribution of bass at my listening position.

I just recently turned Audyssey off on my receiver and the bass seems a bit better on movies. By the way, I don't use the subs for music, only HT and games.

Ideally, I want to get more ported subs to go with the Hsu. Why? Just to add a bit more thump and rumble to my movies.

Oh, and Tom, you started it. . .

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose