Here is the history of subs in my close to 8,000 cu ft rec room/HT.

350v1 - before the ep500 and ep600 came out about 5 years ago, this was the king of the hill. It did a very respectible job in this large space, but I needed more. So....

EP500 - This was a whole new experience. Like its bigger brother the EP600, this baaaby puts out some potent deeeeep bass nirvana, and gives you a whole new meaning to LFE. Port noise is not an issue. I kept this for a long time, then the peer preasure around here got to me.

EP600 - King of the hill for the last 3+ years. I also upgraded to m80's and a custom finish for all my 7.1 Axioms. The 500 and 600 are very similar, most may not tell a difference, look at the specs. In my larger room, I think the 600 gave me a little more WoW effect, was it worth the extra money, not sure. Keep in mind the cabinet is huge and most people may have a difficult time moving it around. I'm a pretty good sized strong guy, and it will give you a workout and take up a lot of room, expecially the horizontal version.

Added twin EP350v3's - multiple subs are key if you want to flatten out the peaks and nulls in the frequency response for all seating positions. It is best if you place them centered on opposite walls. With one sub you could have situations where one seat has great deep bass, and a few feet away there is a huge null and sounds dead. I pondered getting a 500 to accompany my 600 since I loved my previous 500 so much, and figured they would match up pretty good. However, after long thought, and reading the rave reviews of the new amp in the 350v3 approaching 500 performance, I was able to puchase 2 of them. This gave me a lot of flexibility on trial and error of placing the 3 subs for Boss Bass.

It may be harder to arrange multiple subs in a room, but if a true HT experience is important, there is no substitute.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85