Hansang - I'm more than willing to admit I'm wrong (but at least to this point I'm not certain I am, or I'm actually saying the same thing you are in a more confusing way) \:\) I'll wait for others to come along and confirm one way or the other.

My understanding though is that each of the speaker connections from DVD player with analog outs to a receiver like the Denon with an "Ext In" section requires a single RCA cable.

Even though FL and FR are typically grouped using Red and White (see the picture below for reference), I didn't think there was a difference between using two separate single RCA cables and using a joined pair of RCA cables that includes a left + right termination in white and red. What I was saying above is that you could use 4 pairs of Red/white cables as long as you matched the ends to the associated inputs/outputs, or you could run 8 single RCA cables. The key in the end is that the opposite ends of the cable are connected to the corresponding inputs/outputs.

To further clarify, I am not talking about anything having to do with connections from receiver to speakers, I am talking about connections from a device with 7.1 analog outputs to the receiver.

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry