Originally Posted By: Dr.House
I just checked my updates on vista and it has not installed the internet explorer security update yet nor can I find it to install it.

I went to microsofts website as well but in the end it brings me to my update manager but it is not there?

Where can I find this patch? Thanks!

According to this and other articles the patch was released yesturday.

http://computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9123758

Quote:

December 17, 2008 (Computerworld) As it promised yesterday, Microsoft Corp. today issued an emergency patch to plug a critical hole in Internet Explorer (IE) that attackers have been increasingly exploiting from hacked Web sites.

When I went to the MS Update site both XP and Vista patches were available for download/installation. Did you check your update history to see if it had already installed automatically?

For XP it looked like this. I believe it was also numbered 960714 for vista.

Originally Posted By: Microsoft

Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB960714)
Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a system running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1