Originally Posted By: sirquack
I'm not a fan of In-Ceiling speakers for surrounds as they don't surround you like a true surround speaker. The Qs8's point towards each other and wrap the sound around you, that is what you want. If the wiring is run to the ceilings, you might be able to reuse that wiring and figure out a way to mount the Q's to the ceiling.

Yes, but my wife won't let me have them sticking out of the ceiling. And honestly, the two surrounds are directly overhead of the listening since the couch is right up against the end of the room (there is no space in back) and one side of the room opens up to the kitchen--so its not really setup ideally for surround speakers anyway.

Originally Posted By: sirquack
In regards to B&W, my only exposure is when I almost purchased the B&W 703 floorstanding speakers, that is until I heard the m60's and m80's. For less than half the price, they sounded as good or better than the 703's. I would think any of the bookshelf speakers in the Axiom line up would perform better than those smaller speakers.

Well, I want to get the M22--problem is the space I have for bookshelf is 19.375 inches and the speaker is 19.8. So I need about half and inch. Can I plane the top and bottom of the speaker? You wouldn't see it anyway once its in the cabinet.