Well it's official. I can't complain about my in-laws anymore. In chatting with my wife, they decided that I deserved a Playstation 3 for Christmas. So yay, now I have a Bluray player. \:\) Which means now I'll need to get a new receiver that can do the new-fangled DD/DTS "HD" audio formats too. <sigh> I thought I had my upgradeitis under control. Oh well...

But a question to other PS3 owners....

Since I've got a PS3 now, I might as well check out some games for it. I would occasionally waste a few hours with my PS2 playing Gran Turismo 4, Burnout Revenge, etc. Never really got into any FPS games simply because, well, I didn't. What games do you guys/gals enjoy on your PS3'S?

I know, I know, this is totally subjective & depends on what I like...

I picked up Assassin's Creed because I remembered that it had cool commercials. So far, it's pretty wicked. Graphics are pretty unbelievable and I'm enjoying it. I will get GT5 as soon as it's out, as I've always liked the Gran Turismo series. Anyone have GT5:Prologue? Is it worth it? $40 for a 'demo' is sort of a lot, though I read somewhere that GT5 might not even be out until 2010.

Is Little Big World any good? It certainly looks interesting. Is it enjoyable for more than 5 minutes? How about Fallout3? Looks entertaining too. Mirror's Edge also looks pretty cool - at least from the demo.

Really, I'm sort of ignorant as to what are *the* games to have in the world of PS3's. We talk about "must-have" movies for demo material. Are there "must-have" video games for the PS3?

I spent most of the weekend browsing around various game-review sites and browsing at local stores, but it's sort of hard to tell what's good and what's just box-fluff. Good grief, I'm actually going to have to trek down to the video store and rent video games again. How quaint.

And yeah, I've read through the "what are you playing" thread. Lots of good advice there. But I'm looking for a little more info about which games are the "best" for the PS3.

Any tips/advice appreciated!

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office