Bob. On more 'neutral' forums the bias is towards SVS and HSU because they are the most popular. They also happen to build good subs, but be aware that there is that popularity bias.

Jason. I thought you felt that the PB12 had some bloat/boom compared to the EP350 V2?

Mark. Thanks for depressing me again. I had almost convinced myself to ignore the fact that my room sucks. ::sticks tongue out::

Now that I am over the WOW of great speakers and used to the sound of my room, I am getting a good feel for what is room suckage and what is other stuff. I already get a little better sound now that I have greatly reduced the 40Hz null. Where I notice stuff missing is on the low rumbling LFE (probably 30Hz and below) and on really low synth and organ notes. The impact is just not there on really low lfe and the sound of the organ/synth just flattens. That last bit could probably be improved a little more if I could improve the 42Hz area a little more but still...

Bob. If you are handy and don't mind a big box in your theater, for $700 you could build a sub that betters the EP600 and may well rival the EP800. Box size (or the desire for small boxes that to big things) is a real limiting factor in commercial subs. You would be looking at a displacement of 10-12cf.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!