Originally Posted By: CV
Well, I guess it's actually going to happen.

Fox hunts down 'Cowboy Bebop'

I just can't see him portraying Spike Spiegel well at all.

When I saw the preview of this in the active topics page I thought you were joking. I try to stay ignorant of upcoming projects so I won’t be disappointed if they decide not to make them or sometimes if they do decide to make them and this is definitely the latter.

Before I even start ranting about “canoe” playing Spike there’s a bigger problem. The main reason Cowboy Bebop is great is because IT’S NOT MADE IN HOLLYWOOD (sorry for shouting).

Reeves? Really? REEVES? Are they insane. I suppose their going to get Angelina Jolie to play Faye and David Spade to play Ed.

Ok seriously now that I’m recovering from the shock if you have to make a live action “Cowboy Bebop” I don’t see how you make it work for the fans with really popular famous actors in any of the main roles. Like the LOTR movies you need to get people who aren’t typecast in movies already.

If I had to pick known actors off the top of my head for some of the main roles how about John Cusack or David Boreanaz as Spike. Reeves? Perhaps Morena Baccarin as Faye and maybe Alison Lohman as Ed. But since Ed is my favorite character who could really play her. Maybe a double-jointed 15 year old gymnast or a very young Sandy Duncan.

I guess the only consolation is that before they’ll be able to make it the world economy will have collapsed and we’ll all be staring in a new reality show version of “Mad Max”

Last edited by grunt; 01/21/09 09:38 AM.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1