Just read a review over at audioholics about the Yamaha RX-Z7. This seems like a very nice receiver. Gene was driving his RBH T-30LSE towers (do a websearch to see just how much of a tower these things are), RBH T1 center and some RBH bookshelf's for surrounds. His room is 6000 ft^3 and the towers are 4 ohms, center is 4 ohms and surrounds are 6 ohms. He tryed to see if he could get them to strain under such a demanding setup but he couldn't apparently. I think as of last summer his reference amp is the Denon, which is around $8000 or $10,000. The video section is also top notch. The Yamaha got a perfect score on the video tests. Only the flagship Denon dvd player or receiver has been able to do this. The Oppo 983 didn't even get a perfect score since it missed some noise reduction stuff, if I remember correctly. The receiver is stuffed with all kinds of other stuff that I just skimmed, but at this point it sounds like one heck of a good receiver for $2000. Here is a link to the review.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/receivers/rx-z7-7.1

- Nick