I don't believe they would run around in a big pack Paul, I think it would be just like the old days where there were several small packs of cars but who knows with today's technology ... can you imagine what Rusty's speed would have been in a draft? Close to 240 or above I suspect.

Not only were the cars slowed after Allsion's wreck but the tracks also added a lot of safety devices for the fans afterwards, one of the first items was the addition of several heavy cables that ran alongside the fencing that were anchored securely into the concrete to keep the cars on the track. The biggest changes in safety devices for the cars and drivers didn't take place until after Dale Earnhrdt's crash in '01. These new cars seem to be built so well safety wise that the driver's are really starting to get crazy with them on the superspeedways ... 'Superman and Bullet proof'?

I do know one thing, even with the plates the cars are still getting around that track in a hurry, the TV just doesn't do them any justice whatsoever as to how fast and close the cars really are, even on the smallest half mile tracks they run on.

I'll be pulling for Elliott and the Woods, any Yates cars or most anybody else except for Edwards. \:\)

Rick
Our Room

smile