I agree too. You could get the M22's and see if you like them and if not it would be cheaper to send them back during the 30-day trial period. I think that if you listened to them you will really like them, but again, you won't have the deep low end in any quality "bookshelf" speaker without a matching sub.

Denon makes good stuff, but that would be in their receivers, I didn't even know that they made speakers. Now, I am just guessing here, so you can take it or leave it, I won't bash you senseless as if I am a "know it all" like you may get elsewhere, but the Axioms should really be quite superior to Denon speakers as a whole, but not having model numbers to research, it would be hard to get specifics.

Anyway, as to what the configuration is coming up with, I don't know the dimensions of your room, but it is a volume equivalent to a 10x15 room with 8 foot ceilings. That is really close to the size of my room. I could easily have great sound with the M22 fronts, VP150 center, and QS8 surrounds, but I moved my setup into that room from a much larger area so I have M60 fronts. With that said, this combination is pretty solid for a "smaller" room like you mentioned. The sub may be something to consider "upgrading", but the EP350 is no slouch. Really, the EP350 and EP500 have the same size driver (12") and the same size "box", but 300 vs 500 watts and the 500 can go "deeper". I will let someone else speak about those since I've never compared the two.

I really like the QS8 surrounds, but the QS4's are good too. I just think that the QS8's would match the M22's much better since it uses the same speakers (5.25" and 1" vs the smaller 4" and 1" speakers of the QS4's).

You will get better matching sound timbre with the M22's if you pick the QS8's.

I hope that this helps somehow. Good luck, and keep the questions coming.

Last edited by nickbuol; 02/15/09 09:12 PM.

Farewell - June 4, 2020