I finally got the power bar hooked up so here is my professional review \:\) .

The unit is really slick, it has two "always on" outlets, as well as 8 outlets that are activated via the remote. I have my ultramafic bed (no standing power)and phone plugged into the "always on" outlets, and I have my computer, computer monitor, headset, and 3801 plugged into the remote control outlets. The remote switch is affixed to the wall via an adhesive pad (supplied on the back of the remote cradle) beside my bedroom light switch. Now I just power down my computer, turn the receiver off, flip the RF switch off, and voilà, everything is turned off completely and I'm no longer wasting energy in standby mode!!

I've had no ill effects to my receiver (touch wood), but I've only been turning it off completely during the night for the past couple of days.

Overall it was well worth the money, but then again I'm extremely energy-efficient and even the smallest amount makes a difference to me.

And no I'm not going to download REW and test to see if it made a difference in the sound of my monitor nines ;\)

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.