My old 15 inch subwoofer died yesterday after one too many bass notes. So I have a delima of whether I buy a replacement driver or buy a complete new subwoofer. Replacement drivers seem very hard to find and inparticular one that suits the build dimensions of my sub box. There seems to be a large amount of car audio subs available and I found and Inifinity 15 inch sub that suits the dimensions of my box almost perfectly. The problem is that I am not sure whether this sub is going to be suitable for home theatre. This sub is 4 ohms as is my exisiting blown sub and the predicted frequency response can be seen below:
[img]http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Boxes%20and%20Parameters/BETA15X.pdf[/img]
Look at the response curve labelled 'VENTED
FREQUENCY RESPONSE @ 2.83 V'
Does anyone think this sub would be fine for home theatre? I am not sure how much power my existing amp puts out however the power consumption is 800 watts so I am guessing the output may be around 400 watts RMS.
My other options that I am lookin at are an SVS, Axiom or HSU all of which would be double the price of replacing my existing driver.