Well I'm a little late to the party because the first sub was damaged pretty badly in transit (thanks Fedex) and had to be replaced, the replacement arrived yesterday. I find the amount of bass to be quite smooth yet dramatic even in our fairly large room (admittedly with limited seating, one couch), I suspect the two drivers may be a help there but we've never had a sub before so that's just a guess. I have to say I'm glad I only ordered one because my wife's comments so far have been "it's too intense" and after the first sub stopped working she expressed relief, "It was like an earthquake in the living room, I thought I'd never get used to that rumbling."

Well fortunately human nature is adaptable and I suspect/hope that after she grows accustomed to the sound she will begin to enjoy its musicality, however, in the interim my daughter and I love the sound and to me it indicates that a single EP800 can be capable of quite an impact in a fairly large room (7300 cu ft) such that many users may find themselves quite satisfied with only one, I mean on DVD or Blu Ray the LFEs have been simply spectacular ("like an earthquake in the living room") with no particular sense of unevenness or excessive boominess.

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."