We built a house back in 2004 - at the age of 46 - I think I might be an idiot....anyway originally I was going to have the home theater in the great room. It is 2 stories tall with a wide opening into the dining/kitchen area on one side and the entrance hall on another. Nice fireplace on one wall - hardwood floors...My wife's cousin installs communication systems for a living - he came and helped me wire the house. Home runs from all the rooms to the main board for phone (using CAT6), Internet (CAT6 again) and Cable (RG6). He just gave me the wire He is really a great guy. We wired for speakers with 12ga speaker wire. The thing I did not account for was the accoustics. Horrible....I could probably fix it with traps or rugs hanging on the wall - but that does not clear the WAF. Now - enter the bonus room over the garage. Carpeted long room about 18*30 with knee walls ~ 4 feet up from the floor and sloped at about 50 degrees to the ceiling. Excellent acoustics. THIS is the pseudo man cave. Of course, all the money went into the house so I am having to scrape together the money for the speakers. Long story to get to this point....over the years, I / we have sort of morphed towards Cherry and Oak. The staircase and Mantel are Oak where as all the furniture - both dining and bedroom are Cherry. I like the cherry - SO I was looking at the wood veneer in either natural Cherry or maybe the nutmeg. Problem is that I have enough now to almost buy the Epic 60 500 5.1 from the factory outlet in one of those finishes....my head says DO IT....but my gut says hold out for the wood......Dang, I hate decisions like this!.....Rob

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill